Any time your business chooses to extend credit to a consumer, it runs the risk that someone will be unable or unwilling to repay the debt. If this happens, your business will need to initiate a formal debt collection process and often reach out for the help of an experienced collections lawyer. Allison & Mosby-Scott can help guide your business through the entire debt collections process and increase your chances of getting paid.
Our Step-by-Step Process for Successful Debt Collections
When working with outstanding payments and delinquent accounts, it’s important that your business works with a team that has the knowledge and skill to carefully navigate the complexities of state laws, federal regulations, and governmental regulatory agencies. Allison & Mosby-Scott can help fill that role for your business and increase your chance of collection. Here are the steps we will take:
- Help you decide whether your business should try collecting the debt by itself or if it should enlist the services of a professional to help collect on the debt
- Draft and send demand letters for your company on our legal stationery
- Make phone calls on your business’ behalf and negotiate payment restructuring
- Discuss whether the debt is worth taking the debtor to court for a judgment or lien if previous attempts go unanswered
- Represent your business’ interests in court to collect on the debt
Increase Your Chances of Collections With Allison & Mosby-Scott
Bottom line: collecting on debt is hard. Having a licensed attorney contact debtors greatly increases the chances of collection. Contact Allison & Mosby-Scott today and let us help make sure you get paid.
Serving McLean County, Livingston County, DeWitt County, Logan County, Tazewell County, Woodford County, Peoria County, Ford County, Bloomington Illinois, Normal Illinois and Central Illinois.