Unfortunately, with more and more people becoming unemployed daily because of coronavirus, there are increasing concerns about not being able to make the car and rent payments. In Illinois, the Governor has issued Executive Order 2020-10 and Executive Order 2020-16 to address these concerns. Under Executive Order 2020-10, law enforcement officials are to cease enforcement of eviction orders for residential premises for the duration of the Gubernational Disaster Proclamation (currently through April 30th). Under Executive Order 2020-16 for the duration of the Gubernational Disaster Proclamation, the provisions of the Illinois Vehicle Code in regard to the repossession of vehicles is suspended. Neither of these Executive Orders relieve you of your obligations to make payments under your loan and/or rental agreements, so continue to make them as scheduled if you are able to.
Search Article Library
- Happy Independence Day July 2, 2020
- The American Red Cross Clara Barton Society Honors Michelle Mosby-Scott June 29, 2020
- Riots and Business Insurance June 10, 2020
- Illinois – The Legal Issues Behind the Lockdown June 9, 2020
- Fight Childhood Cancer June 9, 2020