If you are facing criminal charges or have questions regarding an interaction with law enforcement, contact the attorneys at Allison & Mosby-Scott, who are knowledgeable on the provisions of Public Act 101-0652. This Public Act (Illinois SAFE-T Act) came into effect on July 1, 2021 and contains substantial policing reforms. Police statewide will need to follow the Statewide Use of Force Standardization Act whose use of force standards are to be established by the General assembly and will go into effect January 1, 2022. The law amends the Attorney General Act to allow the Attorney General to investigate and bring civil action to eliminate unconstitutional conduct by officers.
Search Article Library
- AMS Welcome Thomas Sanner August 28, 2023
- The Advantage of Having a Will and Power of Attorney July 21, 2023
- Errors to Avoid While Applying for your Visa July 13, 2023
- AMS welcomes Attorney Whitney Leifheit March 24, 2023
- Cohabitation Agreements March 10, 2023