If you are facing criminal charges or have questions regarding an interaction with law enforcement, contact the attorneys at Allison & Mosby-Scott, who are knowledgeable on the provisions of Public Act 101-0652. This Public Act (Illinois SAFE-T Act) came into effect on July 1, 2021 and contains substantial policing reforms. Police statewide will need to follow the Statewide Use of Force Standardization Act whose use of force standards are to be established by the General assembly and will go into effect January 1, 2022. The law amends the Attorney General Act to allow the Attorney General to investigate and bring civil action to eliminate unconstitutional conduct by officers.
Search Article Library
- Cohabiting during a Divorce June 16, 2022
- Seeking Custody or Visitation of a Grandchild June 6, 2022
- Tips on Preparing for a Divorce Attorney Consultation May 24, 2022
- Immigration Law for You April 18, 2022
- Family Law Updates: Child Relocation March 23, 2022