Non-Immigration Status / Visas

Nonimmigrant visas are issued to foreign nationals seeking to enter the United States on a temporary basis for tourism, business, medical treatment and certain types of temporary work.

Types of Visas

The type of nonimmigrant visa needed is defined by immigration law, and relates to the purpose of the travel.

Generally, an individual applies directly to the U.S. consulate or embassy abroad for a tourist (B-2) or business nonimmigrant (B-1) visa.

Foreign nationals seeking to enter the United States to study or work may require certain authorization and documentation prior to applying for a nonimmigrant visa.

The Attorneys at Allison & Mosby-Scott can help you with the different non-immigrant visa classifications and specific requirements.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.