Having a Green Card, also know as a Permanent Resident Card, allows you to live and work permanently in the United States. The steps you must take to apply for a Green Card will vary depending on your individual situation.
To apply for a Green Card, you must be eligible under one of the various categories. The Attorneys at Allison & Mosby-Scott can help you find the category that may fit your situation.
- Through Family
- Immediate relative of a US Citizen
- Other relative of a US Citizen or lawful permanent resident
- Fiancé(e) of a US Citizen
- Widow(er) of a US Citizen
- Victim of batter or extreme cruelty of US Citizen
- Through Employment
- EB-1, Eb-2, EB-3, etc.
- Special Immigrant
- Religious workers, juvenile, Afghanistan or Iraq national, international broadcaster, etc.
- Refugee or Asylee Status
- Human Trafficking and Crime Victims
- Victims of Abuse
- Other Miscellaneous Categories
- LRIF, Diversity Immigrant, Cuban Adjustment Act, HRIFA, etc.
- Resided continuously in the U.S. since before Jan. 1, 1972.