Spread the word!
Thousands of children and youth across the country need permanent families.
- There are over 122,000 children and youth waiting to be adopted who are at risk of aging out of foster care without permanent family connections. (AFCARS report)
- Approximately one in five children in the U.S. foster care system waiting to be adopted are teens.
- Only 5 percent of all children adopted in 2019 were 15 – 18 years old.
- The risk of homelessness and human trafficking is increased for teenagers in foster care.
- The average age of a child in foster care is 8 years old.
You can make a difference by raising awareness in your community.
If you have legal questions regarding adoption please contact our office at 309-662-5084.
Thank you in advance for sharing this post, it may connect a child to a loving home.